Five things to love about hardwood furnitureby Millers Furniture on 2019-06-21 12:36:53
There are many reasons to love hardwood furniture, from it's strength and lasting durability to it's natural beauty. Here are just a few of our favorite reasons hardwood furniture is well worth the investment when it comes to furnishing your home!
1. Heirloom-worthy quality.
In November of 2018, we published a blog article regarding how heirloom-quality dining room tables can serve as a backdrop to decades of family memories. Purchasing heirloom-quality furniture is about so much more than buying something durable enough to withstand years of wear and tear. It's about making the decision to purchase something that will provide longevity and create lasting memories in your home.
2. Ease of customization.These days, it's relatively simple to purchase furniture from anywhere—online retailers, warehouse clubs, department stores, discount stores, and more. But when it comes to getting exactly what you want, that's a different story. Mass-produced furniture typically includes very limited—if any—options for customization. With hardwood furniture, there are many ways to customize your furniture to fit your lifestyle or your personal preferences.
Depending on the furniture manufacturer, customization options may be available such as:
- Wood species
- Stain or finish
- Two-toned vs. solid look
- Special finishing effects such as distressing or hand-scraping
- Fabric options on items such as upholstered dining room chairs
- Table base, bed frame, or headboard and footboard styles
- Dining room chair style
- Custom sizes
It might seem tempting to settle for something you can have instantly, but when you consider how many years you'll have your furniture, it's worth the wait to make sure your furniture is exactly the way you want it.
3. Renewable, environmentally friendly resource.
Responsibly managed forests contribute to the health of the environment while trees are growing, and new seedlings are planted when mature trees are harvested. Since hardwood furniture lasts for generations, it doesn't end up in landfills nearly as quickly as mass-produced furniture does.
4. The ability to restore it.
When the years finally do take a toll on hardwood furniture—or when you simply prefer a different look—it can be restored—an advantage hardwood has over manmade imitations. Restoring hardwood furniture enables it to take on a new life, which not only increases the longevity of the furniture, but keeps it out of the landfill for potentially a few additional decades.
5. Unmatched beauty.
Imitations can come close in appearance, but nothing compares to real hardwood furniture. The grain, which can vary from one wood species to another, is one of the most authentic and admirable visual features of hardwood. Different finishes can help achieve that final touch that makes your hardwood furniture even more appealing to you.
If you're considering investing in heirloom-quality hardwood furniture for your home, we'd love to help you get started! Visit either of our locations and browse our selection, and be sure to ask about the different customization options available.